Liberals focus on contrasting their priorities of pensions, learning, health and family care with the Harper Conservatives’ misguided priorities of spending billions of tax dollars on untendered fighter jets and tax cuts for the largest corporations.
• After five years of Stephen Harper, Canadians are worse off.
• Harper’s real priorities are fighter jets, U.S.-style mega-prisons and more tax cuts for the largest corporations.
• Canada has become less equal. The rich are getting richer. The middle-class Canadian family's income is stagnating. The pressures on families are increasing. The elastic is stretched real tight.
• Liberals will make different choices and defend the priorities of Canadian families.
• We will cancel the $16 billion fighter jet deal and save billions by replacing the CF-18s in an open competition.
• We will cancel Harper’s corporate tax break and freeze tax rates at 2010 levels. Canada’s corporate tax rates are already among the lowest in the G7 and 25% below the U.S.
• While Stephen Harper runs a secretive, controlling, one-man show, Michael Ignatieff and the Liberal team have been listening to Canadians about their concerns and their priorities.
• Liberals will reinvest the savings in reducing the deficit and the priorities of middle-class Canadian families: pensions, learning, health and family care.
• There are the real issues affecting working families. These are the priorities that the Liberal Party will fight for.